As my birthday approaches (I’m going to be 30!), I have a list of things I thought I would NEVER get through and I did! I’ll keep it small but detailed.
- I thought I would NEVER graduate. I mean it took me forever. Self supported, full time, multiple job having person, I just thought that I would never get to having a degree. Well it came, it was monumental, and a very proud moment in my life, and now I’m on the MBA venture (I am now having doubts of finishing that! HA!)
- I thought I would NEVER fall in love. This was my 18 year old naive self. I had declared myself Ice Queen (Elsa did not have anything on me), and I planned on staying that way, that way I couldn’t get hurt right? Right?! Wrong. Girl meets boy. Girl falls for boy. Love happened and more than a few times! I look forward to loving some wonderful man again.
- I thought I would NEVER survive childbirth. I barely did according to my cousin lol! I survived and surprisingly cannot remember that pain just that I made some really ugly faces and loud screams when it was time for my daughter to come in the world.
- I thought I would never find my spirituality. God has a funny way of tapping you on the shoulder (pregnancy), and saying hey! You need me to find your purpose young lady. My old life is non-existent. My new life has so much meaning and purpose. I am intentional about all that I do!
- I thought I would never be nurturing. You know I was the Ice Queen after all, well just call me Queen Nurturer. I love it. I can pour my love into something (all I ever wanted to do, even in during my Ice Queen reign). No longer am I an undercover lover, I’m out and proud! My child and how I love on my friends and family is a direct result of my love overflowing.
Those are just some of the things I thought I could not overcome. What about you?